- National Marine Fisheries Research Institute
About Kasia Piwosz
My main area of scientific interest is the ecology of microorganisms in the aquatic environment. In my research I use modern molecular methods. The detailed directions of my research include:
- Biodiversity of bacteria and protozoa,
- Distribution and seasonal variation of bacteria and protozoa,
- Role of bacteria and protozoa in the carbon cycle,
- Trophic relationships among microorganisms
- Effects of environmental factors on the above.